The Fairbanks North Star Borough, through FNSB Code Title 21, is the official regulatory authority on street addresses for the entire Borough outside of the limits of Fort Wainwright and Eielson Air Force Base. The Borough creates and maintains a database of all existing, approved street addresses and maintains a list of all private and public street names.
What We Do
- Assign all new addresses for the Borough
- Research problem or questionable addresses
- Correct or change any erroneous or misleading addresses
- Maintain a list of all correct street names, including both private and public streets
- Encourage property owners to physically post their approved addresses
- Provide correct address information for the E911 emergency response system