Days / Times Accepted
- 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month from 9 to 11:30 am and 1:30 to 3:30 pm
- Waste Shipment Manifest approval required prior to disposal
- Missed appointments will need to be rescheduled.
- Friable asbestos waste must be properly packaged and appropriately labeled per applicable
- Federal and State of Alaska regulations (Anchorage Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) phone: 907-271-1485).
- Non-friable loads must be completely wet prior to off-loading at the Solid Waste Facility.
Asbestos generated from:
- Within the Fairbanks North Star Borough (FNSB): Waste Shipment Manifest charge of $180 per ton
- Outside the FNSB: Waste Shipment Manifest charge of $240 per ton
- Waste Shipment Manifest load charge of $50 each; a $200 fee for customer-caused asbestos discrepancies
- Over 25 tons per month, print the Request to Use Solid Waste Facilities Form (PDF). Payment or use of approved charge account required at time of disposal.
- Fees are effective July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021.
To schedule an appointment, complete Items 1 to 8.
- Fax to the FNSB Solid Waste Division at 907-459-1017.
- Manifests are reviewed for completeness, appointment scheduled, and then returned as approved for disposal. (This is not the original document, only an approved appointment copy.)
- On the original manifest(s), complete Item 9, and Transporter Section (if applicable).
- Original manifest(s) must accompany each load (This is not the approved Manifest).