- Boards & Commissions
- Early Childhood Development Commission
Early Childhood Development Commission
ECDC Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on formulating messages that reinforce the concept that the first years in a child's life are critical to their emotional, physical and mental development, and explore means of getting that message out so that the public may avail themselves of the information if they so choose; and
- Work with appropriate entities within the community to disseminate essential information about early brain development; and
- Develop a local strategy for voluntarily placing greater emphasis and value upon sound parenting and the critical importance of the parents in early childhood education; and
- Seek ways to further the voluntary education campaign to improve quality of early care and education programs; and
- Make recommendations to the Assembly on use of any funds obtained from grants; and
- Develop partnerships with churches, nonprofits, charitable and religious organizations, business, the education community and government to develop the message on quality childhood development and disseminate it to appropriate communities within the Borough that choose to avail themselves of the information.
Meetings are scheduled on the third Wednesday each month at 12 p.m. This information will be routinely updated to reflect any upcoming meetings.
The next Early Childhood Development Commission Meeting is canceled. The April Early Childhood Development Commission will be held on Wednesday, April 19, 2023 at 12 p.m.
- Agendas, Minutes and Audio
- Please contact the Clerk's Office by phone at (907) 459-1401 or email the Clerk's Office.
Citizens' Comments A
Agenda items not scheduled for public hearing
Citizens' Comments B
Items other than those appearing on the agenda
How to Provide Testimony
In-Person or Telephonic Testimony
Once an agenda is published, citizens may sign up to testify in person or telephonically by doing one of the following:
- Calling the Clerk's Office at 907-459-1401 no later than 11:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting;
- Completing the online sign-up form no later than 11:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting; or
- Signing up in person before the meeting has been called to order.
During the meeting, the Chair will invite citizens to the table or ask the Clerk to call citizens when it is their turn to speak. Please note the following:
- Phone calls to citizens will come from an out-of-state number.
- If a phone call is not answered, the Chair will move to the next citizen who has signed up.
- Testimony will be heard in the order in which citizens have signed up.
- Each citizen will have three minutes to provide testimony.
- Other citizens attending in person may provide comments after those who have signed up.
Citizens may submit comments using the online contact form or at email@example.com.
|Commissioner||Contact Information||Term Expiration|
|Leigh Ann Bolin||
|Pam Walker -
|Meredith Maple -
Citizens are invited to submit a completed Boards/Commissions Application (PDF) to the Mayor's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To qualify, applicants must: