- Boards & Commissions
- Senior Citizens Advisory Commission
Senior Citizens Advisory Commission
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise the Mayor and the Assembly with respect to aspects which bear upon the welfare of senior citizens, that are within the limited powers of a second class Borough;
- Conduct surveys and compile and disseminate, for the benefit of senior citizens, information on housing, health, nutrition, transportation, education, recreation, legal services, and social/mental health services;
- Carry out educational and public relations program designed to create public awareness to the needs of senior citizens and the community services which seniors can provide;
- Assist and provide programs that alert elderly persons of the resources and services available to them;
- Perform other such duties and functions as may from time to time be authorized, directed or assigned by the Mayor.
Meetings are held on the third Thursday every month at 12 p.m. This information will be routinely updated to reflect any upcoming meetings.
The next Senior Citizens Advisory Commission meeting will be held on Thursday, April 20, 2023 at 12 p.m.
- Agendas, Minutes, and Audio
- Contact the Clerk's Office by phone at (907) 459-1401 or email the Clerk's Office.
Citizens' Comments A
Agenda items not scheduled for public hearing
Citizens' Comments B
Items other than those appearing on the agenda
How to Provide Testimony
In-Person or Telephonic Testimony
Once an agenda is published, citizens may sign up to testify in person or telephonically by doing one of the following:
- Calling the Clerk's Office at 907-459-1401 no later than 11 a.m. on the day of the meeting;
- Completing the online sign-up form no later than 11 a.m. on the day of the meeting; or
- Signing up in person before the meeting has been called to order.
During the meeting, the Chair will invite citizens to the table or ask the Clerk to call citizens when it is their turn to speak. Please note the following:
- Phone calls to citizens will come from an out-of-state number.
- If a phone call is not answered, the Chair will move to the next citizen who has signed up.
- Testimony will be heard in the order in which citizens have signed up.
- Each citizen will have three minutes to provide testimony.
- Other citizens attending in person may provide comments after those who have signed up.
Citizens may submit comments using the online contact form or at email@example.com.
|Commissioner||Contact Information||Term Expiration|
|Denise Daniello, Chair||(219) 381-8421||12/25|
|Karen Wood, Vice-Chair||(907) 474-2121||12/23|
Citizens are invited to submit a completed Boards/Commissions Application (PDF) to the Mayor's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To qualify, applicants must: